Winter weddings deserve the drama of long sleeves, bold colors, and layering. You need to choose dresses to combat icy winds and cold temperatures. Luckily, there is a myriad of budget-friendly options when it concerns winter wedding guest dresses. Hence, you don’t have to spend a fortune to look like a show-stopper.
From luxe crushed velvet to sequins to shimmery cocktail attires, many dresses will help you face the chilly weather and attend the ceremony without compromising your fashion sense. We’ve picked 20 chic winter wedding guest outfits that are timeless and are a bit trendy. Get your wallet ready to shop.
Winter Wedding Guest Dresses
1. Velvet Maxi Dress
For an effortless and easy silhouette. The maroon hue is everything. Pair it with suede boots.
2. Asymmetrical Solid Color Lantern Sleeve Dress
This solid color velvet dress is ideal for a formal soiree.
3. Bodycon Tea Length Dress
Make this draped knit bodycon dress your winter go-to for wedding events. We love this soft pink shade and it will enhance your feminine charm.
4. V-Neck Plaid Sequin Dress
If you’re ready to take your off-duty style to the next level, choose this sequin party dress. This dress is perfect for any wedding party at the night.
5. Side-Slit Sheath Dress
This ice blue color is perfect for attending weddings in frosty weather. Keep accessories minimal and complete the look with black heels.
6. Mesh Sleeve Mini Dress
Love to wear short sleeves? Is the chilly weather compelling you to wear long sleeves? No worries. Go for the next big thing- mesh sleeves. Polka dots on the sleeve is making it ultra-modern and festive.
7. Puff Sleeve Ruffled Milkmaid Dress
Chic, complex, and rich. It’s not something you’ll easily notice at any wedding party. If you’re ready to make some serious changes to your winter wardrobe, give this stunner a try.
8. Spliced Sequin Dress
Wedding events are big parties. Therefore, pull off your best party dress. Light up the dancefloor with this flattering sequin dress. Wear a tight bun for the full effect.
9. Sparkly Sheath Black Dress
If you need something glam for a black-tie wedding, this black sequin dress is here for you. The sheer panels placed strategically to show off your legs. And, this hem is making this dress different from all other dresses.
10. Floral Maxi Dress
Red color accentuates the party vibes. This red lace maxi dress can be your failsafe bet when you’ve no clue what to wear to a holiday-themed wedding. For extra oomph, add a layer of faux fur coat of black or white color.
11. Off-Shoulder White Lace Dress
Off-shoulder dresses are extremely sexy. Flattering yet simple, this white lace mini dress is fitting for a holiday wedding. Dress this look up with shoulder-grazing earrings and white heels.
12. High Low Lace Dress
13. Floral Lace Dip Hem Dress
14. Sequined Mesh Panel Asymmetric Sheath Dress
15. Strapless Sequined Green Maxi Dress
16. Purple Crochet Lace Dress
17. Cream Sparkly Sequined Dress
18. Pink Chiffon Pleated Dress
19. Twisted Keyhole Lace Overlay Dress
20. Plus Size Sequined High Low Dress
Dos and Don’ts of Winter Wedding Guest Dresses
1. Consider the location. If the wedding is held at a beach, choose a maxi dress.
2. Consider the time of the event. Go for bold colors if the wedding party is at night. For daytime, wear light colors.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. In case you’re not comfortable wearing heels, opt for wedges. Just make sure the selected shoes are complimenting your overall look.
1. Don’t forget to wear undergarments.
2. Avoid wearing jeans. No excuses are allowed for jeans unless the bride and groom have told you specifically to wear your Levi’s.
3. Don’t forget the dress code. Before you make any fashion decision, consider what type of wedding party it is- a costume party, a black-tie party, a semi-formal party, or a casual party.
a) What do you wear to a winter wedding?
Long sleeves and floor-length dresses crafted of thick fabrics are the most preferred choices for attending weddings in winter. Apart from these, laces, embellishments, and sequins can also add a glamorous appeal to your look.
b) Can you wear sleeveless dresses for weddings in winter?
Of course, you can. If you’re not afraid of being cold, you’ll have endless options for sleeveless dresses. Plus, you can dress a sleeveless outfit up or down by choosing your accessories wisely.
c) Is it OK to wear a black dress to a winter wedding?
Black is always acceptable as a wedding attire. However, your dress type should go perfectly with the time and location of the event.
d) Are bare legs OK in winter?
Regardless of the season, bare legs look hot. You can wear a stylish long coat to shield your exposed skin.
e) What colors should you avoid to wear for a winter wedding?
Avoid heavily metallic, bridesmaid dress color, and overly sparkly colors for attending wedding events. Also, make sure that your dress’s color is not matching with the dress color of the bride’s and groom’s mother.