You can be in the fashion game at any age. However, you need fashion staples in your wardrobe to pep up the game.
Generally, 20s is the age when you’re full of vitality and youthfulness. So, it’s the best time to become a big player of fashion game. If you’re able to turn yourself into a fashionista at this age, you’ll surely rock in the coming years of your life too. And, to upgrade your wardrobe, this list will help you. So? Read on.
1. Denim Jacket:
Denim jackets style is not going to fade. It’s the trans-seasonal outfit that will make you look cool when paired with a white tee. If you want to get a smart casual style using your denims, wear loafers with it. There are many ways to wear your denims. Some of these are:
- As a shirt
- As a layering piece
- Couple it with a skirt
- Belted denim jacket
2. A Blazer:
20s open up new ways to look at life. You’ve to express your views with more confidence. And, a well-tailored blazer will help you get that confidence. Whether you’re wearing it with a chic dress or over a casual tee, a blazer can help you impress the interviewers. (Definitely, you need to prepare for the interview as well.)
Style with your blazer in the following ways.
- For summer: Pair baggy blazers with tank tops and short skirts
- For winter: Woolen blazers with cotton pants and sneakers
- For downpour: Pull together black faux leather pants and a black top with a long blazer
3. Strappy Sandals:
Fashion shows and red carpets are the places where they’re mostly seen. Befriend with them because you too may need them to rock the college parties. From Oscar-worthy gowns to short skirts, matches for your strappy sandals are endless.
Go for these strappy sandals to look stylish and yet feel comfortable.
- Fisherman sandals
- Braided gladiators
- Metallic wedge sandals
4. Wrap Dresses:
Wrap dresses flatter your body perfectly. Why do you need to keep many dresses when only some will do? If you want to know how to be fashionable with the clothes you have, include wrap dresses in your wardrobe. You can wear it on formal as well as casual events.
Some of the ways to style with wrap dresses are:
- Layer your wrap dress with a blazer
- Wear heels
- Wear a black turtleneck top under the dress
A watch has the power to turn you into a sophisticated and mature woman. It will not only tell the time but can also be your fashion statement. Make sure you’re picking a dial that suits your wrist type and complexion.
Wear your watches like these to create a timeless style.
- Match your ring with the watch
- Choose watches having bohemian elements or prints
- Complement a big face watch with gemstone arm accessories
6. Bodycon Dresses:
Bodycon dresses are versatile yet simple. Whatever your body type is, it is sure to suit you. Plus, it is easy to pull off. Whether you want to go out with an elegant or a risqué look, these simple outfis are the one to do all the jobs.
Flaunt your bodycon dresses with these styles:
- Wear sneakers and denim jacket with it
- Layer it up with a blazer
- Make the dress look chic with thigh high boots
7. Delicate Jewelry Items:
I can’t imagine girls without jewelry. I’m sure you too have many. But, even when your jewelry box is full, try to make some place for some fine and delicate jewelries. As for instance, you can have a silver-colored bracelet with a gemstone as its central piece.
Make sure your jewelry box has these:
- Simple bracelets
- Pearl earrings
- A pendant necklace
8. Tube Tops:
Yes, you guessed it right. Tube tops are not for everyday and every place. But, when you’re pairing it up with a jacket or blazer, you’ll look stylish and cool. In my opinion, it’s best to avoid wearing slinky camisole at office and college.
You can try these types of tube tops without worries:
- Tube top with frilled pleats
- Tube top with sleeves
- Formal peplum tube tops
9. A Work Bag:
Simple yet polished. A work bag can go a long way to get you the fashionable look without much hassle. Actually it is one of the statement pieces fashion that every woman should own before entering her 30s. Just shop for the right type of bag.
Some of the work bags you can consider are:
- Tote bags with bamboo handles
- Leather tote bags
- Leather cross body bags
10. A Cocktail Dress:
A cocktail dress may be all you need to be the party beast the next time. While shopping, look for romantic and patterned cocktail dresses. Here’re some of my favorite types of cocktail dresses.
- Sparkling sequin mini dress
- Metallic colored silk fabric maxi dress
- Silk wrap midi dress
11. Leather Moto Jacket:
You’ll never regret buying a leather jacket. Whether you’re petite or svelte, leather moto jackets are for all. You can swag with the jacket by wearing either hot pants or jeans or skirts, you name it.
Some of the chic easy ways to style with a leather moto jacket are:
- Black jeans, high heels and of course with your leather moto jacket.
- Pair the jacket up with a cashmere pullover and black pants
- Try something much more fun by coupling your jacket with a printed short dress
12. Interview Suit:
To buy the first professional suit is really interesting. However, you can start with a comfy high-waisted trouser. By the time you reach 30s, you can give the interview dresses some more twists with these tips.
- A statement dress
- Tie a not-so-loud scarf with your interview suit
- A blouse with a bow and skirt
13. Chunky Sweater:
Wear chunky sweaters and always look holly-jolly during the winter. These sweaters are great to pull off while going out to mingle with your pals. Choose the fabric of sweater that’s not itchy but is thick enough to fight off the bone-chilling cold outside.
Some of the simple outfits I pair up with chunky sweaters are:
- Turtleneck chunky sweaters, black pants, and boots
- Skinny jeans with a well-knit sweater
- Printed mini skirt with a well-knit sweater
14. A Plaid Skirt:
Most of the girls in their 20s have plaid skirts as their closet staples. Plaid skirts are not going to leave the fashion battlefield. From color-blocking to layering, a plaid skirt can have limitless iterations. You can try these styles if you’re eager to know how to dress fashionably with it.
- Wear a skirt beneath the plaid skirt
- Use your scarf as a belt
- Replace your blouse top with a cardigan
15. Classic Belt:
Belts are one of the most underrated classic fashion style pieces. It can make a huge impact on your overall appeal. Plus, you can wear it with almost every outfit there in your wardrobe.
Go for these styles with your classic leather belt:
- Shop for metallic belts with your neutral-toned dresses
- Wear a long belt over the blazer to get a street style fashion touch
- Pick a slim belt for your lace dress
16. Trench Coat:
This is one of the stylish clothes for girl you’ll definitely need in future. Invest in a A-line silhouette trench coat to wear it with suits as well as jeans. The constant evolving styles of trench coats have made it to survive the fashion trend since the past 100 years.
Styles you can try with trench coats are:
- Go matchy-matchy with your pant and the trench coat
- Wear statement boots with short length trench
- Pair your traditional trench coat with a plaid patterned jacket
17. Striped Full-Sleeve Top:
Iconic and timeless, a striped full-sleeve top is enough to get ready to attend any event. You can even wear it with a jeans for heading to college or office.
Some of the ways you can fashion with a striped tee are:
- For a simple look, wear your denims and ankle boots with the striped tee
- Grey leggings and nude color sneakers also will go well with it
- Go for a polka-dotted above the knee skirt for a fresh striped tee fashion
Standing at the edge of 30 means being a financially independent girl. (At least, independent enough to buy something for yourself). However, you’re free to pick both flashy and minimalist wallets.
Wallet types that are in now:
- Embellished embossed leather fabric wallet
- Brown envelope wallet
- Continental wallet
19. Silk Scarf:
Nothing can take the place of silk scarves when it concerns fashion. This common neckwear are used not only to style but also to protect oneself from the harmful sunrays.
Different styles you can do with silk scarves are:
- Make a triangle with the scarf and wrap it around your neck
- Create a big knot to go for a boy style scarf tie
- Tie a bow with your scarf
20. A Well-Cut Jeans:
Draw the eyes of your passersby with a well-cut jeans. Whether you’re wearing a ladylike top or a t-shirt, a well-cut jeans is the perfect outfit to flatter.
Some of the jeans you can try are:
- Low rise jeans
- Butt lift jeans
- Skinny crop jeans
21. Novelty Headbands:
Ultra-chic headbands are sure to catch your eyes if you observe the fashions in offices. No doubt, these are quickly taking on the trends. And, you can jazz up any outfit by wearing a satin or a sparkly bow headband.
Express your unique personality with these headbands:
- Pearl embellished headbands
- Black velvet headbands
- Satin knot headbands
22. A Black Dress:
Are you thinking what to wear to the next cocktail party? In that situation, a little black dress can be your solution. Little daring and demure, a black dress is perfect to give you a sophisticated and bold look simultaneously. So, make it your wardrobe staple right now.
Some of the black dresses you can try are:
- Half-sleeve bodycon dress which is just below your knee
- Off-shoulder frock-cutting dress
- Sleeveless and tight-fit dress with a side slit
23. Satin Midi Skirt:
Satin midi skirt is the ideal silhouette to match different occasions. However, shop for tapered fit skirt to get your much-desired elegant look.
Various types of tops to fashion with satin midi skirt:
- Full-sleeve turtleneck top
- Basic white tee
- Button-up shirt
24. White Sneakers:
Keeping a white sneaker in your footwear arsenal has almost become a must. The sneakers have broken their taboo of lazy day stigma to top the fashion staples.
If you want to know how to look stylish every day, choose your sneaker from the following options:
- Sporty sneakers
- High top sneakers
- Low top white sneakers
25. Well-Fitted Bras:
Actually, well-fitted bras are good for your health as well as for fashion. It gives you the confidence to carry your outfit smartly whether at home or on road.
Different types of bras to include in your wardrobe
- Sports bra
- Strapless bra
- Nude and black color bras
26. Diamond Earrings:
Having costume jewelry in your jewelry box is okay. But, you definitely deserve to treat yourself with a pair of diamond earrings. Therefore, try to get these timeless designer pieces before you reach 30.
Some of the diamond earrings you can have are:
- Modern drops
- Classic studs
- Diamond earrings mixed with gold
Oh so-chic, a well-tailored jumpsuit is enough to show off your figure. If you’re choosing jumpsuit for a formal event, accessorize yourself enough to look gorgeous.
Accessories to spike up with your jumpsuit style are:
- Large pendant earrings
- Chunky necklace
A good-looking sunglass can change your style. Therefore, from celebrities to street style stars, everyone is ready to spend their hard-earned bucks on sunglasses.
Some of the trendy sunglasses you can go for are:
- Retro-grade shades
- Square shapes
- Completely transparent
29. Red Lipstick:
Lipstick is an essential part of makeup. Finding your red shade is vital to look gorgeous even after crossing 30. Whatever be your complexion, red lipstick can give you a kissing-worthy lips hassle-free.
You can wear these outfits with red lipstick to look glamorous.
- Wear white button down shirt with red lipstick
- Pair red lipstick with little black dress
- You can wear purple cloth with red lipstick
30. Ballet Flat:
Love your feet. Give them the gift of ballet flat. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing high heels and yet want to look stylish, spend on buying ballet flat.
Pick these styles while wearing ballet flat
- Dare to wear a short dress to flaunt your ballet flat
- Go with nude colors to create the illusion of long legs
- Wear hidden-liner or low cut socks if you prefer socks with it
So, when are you going to fill your wardrobe with these items? Leave your comment below.